Monday, July 1, 2013

Horses

Boise is heating up.  After weeks of perfect warm weather, we are now experiencing triple digits; today is supposed to reach 108 degrees!  Because of that I arose early this morning to fit in my daily walk.  It was warm even then.  As I proceeded to the front of our yard, the whole area was filled with litter.  Some creature of the night got into the neighbor's trash and had a feast, creating quite a mess.  I spent some of my walking time picking it all up, with the neighbor's help.

When I returned from my shortened walk I began trimming the roses while Layne worked in the yard.  As he looked up, he was greeted by 5 beautiful horses, comfortably munching on the weeds behind our house.  A closer look told us how they got there...across our lawn!  As they moved ever so slowly towards our vegetable garden, Layne called to me and we urged them back to the weeds.  Soon neighbors were out helping us and discussing what to do with 5 horses.  The sheriff showed up.  Then several more from the local equestrian center.  Soon a plan was hatched and the horses were led away.  Calm returned.  The adventure was over.

Reed and his family are due to arrive tonight.  Perhaps we can take them on an adventurous sit in the back yard tonight, to watch the sun set.
Layne, behind or house keeping a close eye on those horses.

No comments: