Monday, July 22, 2013

Isaiah for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Isaiah (daughter Audrey's youngest child), who is 15 years old, joined us on our drive home from California.  He has been here with us for a week now.  There are people who drain and people who fill and I am happy to say that Isaiah is a filler.  Like his father, he likes to be busy.  He looks for things to do that are helpful.  And so this past week with Isaiah has been a productive one.  We have filled our days with projects and our evenings with mysteries and other coasting activities.  It has been fun.

Other guests have shown up as well.  My friend Phyllis came back, with dogs, for a few days.  This time the neighbors complained about her barking dogs, so she left a day early, which was today.  It looks like this Arizona girl will be moving here.  She has found a home in Star that she is trying to buy. If successful and all goes well, she will be here for good in August.

Audrey and Cliff came for a few days as well. They are on their way to BYUI to pick up their soon-to-be-married son, Chase.  He will go home with them for a few weeks, then return to change his life forever by marrying his love, Morgan.  I found it very enjoyable to have Audrey and Cliff around again.  I have missed them.  After so many years sharing a household, it seems strange to think that they live far from us now.  They will return, with Chase, on Wednesday for a quick overnight.  Then they, and their two sons, will head for their California home.

There is much to be said for one-on-one time.  I feel like we have gotten closer to Isaiah and enjoy him so much more for his time here with us.  It is precious to have this time with him.
A thunder storm moving in.  Imagine...rain in the summer!
This is a sight a California girl never sees, there.

Isaiah, in a goofy moment.

Isaiah at work.  He loved this job.  "It's hard
not to go fast," he says of this fun, but productive  experience.


Layne loves it here.  He keeps telling me so just about every day.  I suppose I am happy here as well, in  spite of missing so many people.  I wonder, now that everyone in the family has visited and now knows our situation, if they will want to visit regularly.  I wonder if they will come to like it here.  I wonder if any of them will develop a desire to move here at some future time.  I wonder.

No comments: