Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stressful ponderings

Sometimes I am a mystery to myself.  I am suddenly alive with symptoms of stress.  Yet I don't feel uptight.  I have a stress rash, a funny feeling in my esophagus and my face has broken out.  All signs that I'm disturbed about something.  Perhaps it is the anticipated move.  Perhaps it is the new calling in Church that I just received.  Perhaps it is worry about some of the family.  Perhaps it is a little of all of those things.  Or...perhaps it is the tomatoes.

Our garden is exploding right now with squash and tomatoes.  We have squash every night with dinner and tomatoes all through the day.  I wonder if that is too many tomatoes.  Every other day Layne brings a bucket full of vegetables.  For land that has been slow to bear, this is a sweet reward for the effort Layne has put into enriching the garden soil.  In spite of the rabbit that nibbles in the garden, the gophers and the squirrels, we have a bountiful harvest; enough to share!  We are blessed indeed!

Bruce, providing me with a fun pick-up activity for later.

Alexis turns 9 September 6.

Reed (holding foster daughter Lexa) turns 40 September 6.

Jonathan, getting lots of help from older sisters, turns 1 September 22.
James is holding the birthday peach pie in the background.  James
is all about pie.  
Last Sunday we celebrated our family's September birthdays.  This is a big month for our family.  Birthdays and anniversaries abound.  We had our usual busy, happy celebration.  If we move to Nevada, 4 hours away, we can still have this once a month get-together, I'm thinking.  I guess I fill my days with this kind of thinking; how things could work out if we move there.  The ripples that surround change are always hard to predict.  Then there are the hidden surprises, for good or for bad, that eventually come to light as well.

We had another Broker's Open House on Friday.  Lots of people came, potential buyers as well as brokers.  During the open house I was in Brentwood, at a Grandma Day at school for my grandsons.  But Layne said it went very well.  It was just finishing up when I arrived back home, just in time for a sample of the brisket that our agents cooked up for the occasion.  Hum.  Maybe some of the many who showed up came for the brisket!

No comments: