Sunday, September 16, 2012

Here's to More Ponderings

Did I mention that I am now a Den Leader?  Yep.  Wolves.  6 of them.  That is yet another thing I've been worrying about.  You see, in spite of being a mother to three boys, I've never been involved with scouts.  The scout program is unfamiliar territory.  I know, its shameful.  But there you are; now that I'm out of boys and a grandma, I find myself a late-blooming scouter.  It was with trepidation that I approached our first meeting last Tuesday.  All six of our little wild men showed up.  A very nice woman called to serve with me was there also.  As it turned out, we had a fun time together.  The boys are cute and enthusiastic.  Becky, my co-cub leader, is great with the boys and will be fun to work with, I think.  So I guess, after all that worrying, everything is going to be OK.

Layne has been trying to get me to spend more time relaxing.  I have this deeply hidden feeling that I MUST make every minute of my life productive.  I'm pretty good at it.  But Layne keeps telling me that my view of things is a little off.  I haven't made much of an effort at slowing myself down or filling some of my time with nothing.  There is something inside of me that presses me to run, run, run; hurry, hurry, hurry.  I simply must accomplish SOMETHING.

I had lunch with my friend Lyn Hooker on Thursday.  She called me on Friday to tell me that she is very concerned about me.  She thinks I am in a stressful knot serious enough to see a doctor, as I may have serious, destructive issues.  Hum.  I am showing signs of stress that I can't quite explain.  Well, between Layne and Lyn, I have decided to take this relaxing issue more seriously.  So, I am going to plan on sitting quietly for awhile each day, dancing more often and investing in my art more often too.  Perhaps it isn't too late for this older doggie to learn some new tricks.  Can I quiet the voice inside of me that presses me to produce?  Perhaps.  I guess I'd better give this challenge some of my best efforts.  Whoops.  Not effort.  Just more time out.

Here is our living alarm clock, Cherry, sitting at our bedroom patio door,
reminding us that it is time to get up and address her needs.

Since I ignored her pleas, Cherry perched herself at our breakfast
window, pleading for the special treat we sometimes give her.
Layne has difficulty not succumbing to her charms. 

Here is our house as it appears in our sales flyer.  It looks quite
different at this time of approaching sunset.
Layne and I went to the temple last Thursday night as part of our stake conference.  I spoke at the chapel session on the rewards of being an ordinance worker.  Organizing my thoughts about that has focused my thinking on the sweet blessings that come to me while working in the temple.  That is a form of de-stressing, in a way.  The session Thursday night surrounded me with warm, happy, good people.  I felt then that this kind of close association is quite heavenly.  I felt embraced by goodness.  Perhaps more temple going should be added to my anti-stress list.  

No comments: