Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve

Abigail doing her own thing
 Isn't it interesting that life's experiences are almost never balanced.  There is either tons of something or a scarcity of it.  One has to look at the big picture to see any kind of balance.  Or so it seems to me.  Most of our days are pretty quiet now.  I've come to enjoy that.  But the holidays bring tons of people into my life and space.  I love that too even if it requires lots of effort to support.

New Year's Eve brought the local family once again to our house.  Layne rented an inflatable jumping thing for the kids again.  We filled the house with games and food.  It was wild and fun.  We replayed the nativity play of Christmas Eve and held our yearly talent night.  The pictures here show every grandchild displaying some kind of talent, except for the two babies.  I can't help feeling pleased in seeing each child willing and able to share something with the rest of us.  That's pretty impressive.  All them appear here, showing off their stuff.
Zachary 

So ends another year.  As I think of it, my usual New Year's Resolutions could be repeated yet again in 2012.  I seem to make little progress with them.  So, this year  I'm trying something different.  I'm only going to make one resolution:  get in shape!  Maybe if I just concentrate on one thing I can accomplish it.  Change is so hard.  For this one resolution I have done the following:
1.  Taken my weight and measurements (hoping both will go down!);
2.  Set aside the time I want to spend on exercise;
3.  Gone through my exercise tapes and arranged to use each one on a different day of the week;
4.  Set out my weights so they are easy to access, and committed to using them
2-3 times a week;
5.  Set out a work-out outfit;
6.  Told several people how committed I am.

William
Timmy doing sit-ups
So here's hoping that all this effort will pay off.  Happy New Year.
Jacqueline on violin; Alexis
on piano

Isaiah



Vincent
Scott


Allegra sharing her new business
venture as a knitter of toys;
She has made over $100 so far
(She also plays the piano)
James

No comments: