Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference Weekend

Layne watching Conference with Jonathan

Food and paper work keep Jacqueline and Tim entertained,
at least some of the time.
 There are times when I have to think to remember what day it is.  Lots of activity does that kind of thing to me.  I spent some time with Ben and Jes, as planned, early this week.  This time I had more clothes and a better plan.  lt was fun spending time there and figuring out how to organize things in a pleasing way for the kids.  Somehow organizing appeals to me.  It has taken me some time to figure out how to do it but I'm making progress.  I find, though, that the busy household at Ben and Jessica's takes some getting used to.  My own household was once busy but I'm used to quiet times now.  I guess that is the old lady in me.

So it was sweet to return to my fairly quiet husband and home.  Finally, after a couple of weeks, we harvested the garden.  Layne has figured out how to grow vegetables here, at last.  So our garden is really putting out this year.  So tempting a place is it that the local deer have figured out how to slip their way under the garden fence!  But Layne is philosophical.  The garden is big enough for them and us now.  So we'll share.  Our garden haul was big.  I spent two days bottling and drying its bounty.  Standing on my feet all day is an exhausting activity.  I guess I'd be happy to not have such a garden haul, for a little while anyhow.

Church General Conference was this weekend.  We loved doing activities that put us in front of the TV for each and every session.  I found it very inspiring.  Sunday found all the local kids sharing it all with us.  I tried to provide Conference activities and goodies to keep the little ones busy.  It worked some of the time.  I know it sounds crazy, but after conference I dressed the kids in nativity clothes for Christmas photos.  I'm planning ahead you see.  I have plans for the photos, come Christmas.  I'm determined to be ready this year and enjoy the season without stress.  What do you think; is it possible?
Daughter-in-law Dorothy and Bruce Galbraith

Mary (Jacqueline) and Joseph (Vincent) with the
baby Jesus (Jonathan--isn't he perfect for the part?)

No comments: