Sunday, October 30, 2011

Seattle

Layne has been feeling better and better this week.  Whatever made him sick last week really took it out of him.  Today is his third blessing (I know I'll stop counting at some point, but not today) and he is feeling a little dizzy.  I think it is because he is fasting for the blessing.  But he will not compromise himself by taking a drink.  He has a steel will about those things.  His philosophy is that his body is not in control; HE is.  I admire that.  It usually works well for him.  Here's hoping he will make it through the blessing without swooning.

We left our temple shift early on Wednesday to catch a flight to Seattle.  For the first time ever on the flight to Seattle there was tons of room; so much so that even we standbys had not a worry of getting on.  Our visit with Chris and Jes was great.  She has just about the neatest used book store I've ever seen.  I promise that this is not a biased view point; the girl has a knack for making things look inviting.  Her little shop appears to be gaining a following, which is a very good thing.  She is no longer in the red.  But, as she says, she could not make a living at running it.  Profitable or not, she seems to love it.  She has a serious thing for books.  Perhaps I have a little of that as well.  I managed to find 6 books that I could not resist buying.

It is good to feel good about family.  Chris and Jes both have good hearts and a desire to do what is right.  Their three children appear to be doing fine.  I'm looking forward to visiting more often and getting a better read on these cute blond grandkids.  Jes and I spent an hour or so in their hot tub.  Wow.  I want one of those.  Not only do they warm you up on the outside, but somehow promote communication that warms up the inside.  It's cold in Seattle.  But after our hour in the tub all was warm and cozy.

Here's a crazy picture of Chris and Jessica's three children:
Peyton, Gemma and Miles, posing for me.
We are home again, blessed once again with a flight to San Francisco empty enough to fit us comfortably within.  What an amazing time of year for standbys to travel.  I'm glad to live at a time when it is all so easy.  And now, let the holidays begin!

No comments: