Sunday, October 9, 2011

Layne's First Blessing

Layne ready to give a Blessing
Busy-ness does not lend itself to meditation.  This has been another week crammed with activity, including some more time with Ben and Jes.  I enjoy that.  In fact, I enjoy all the rush of things.  That is my trouble.  I fill my time with all sorts of things that must be done, but that I also like doing.  Time rushes by and I worry sometimes that I'm missing time to make sense of it all and use it better.

We have had a major rain storm already!  Cloudy skies are my favorite kind of sky.  The ground is now soft and workable.  I've been spending time digging in it, trying to get our front yard presentable.  What fun it is to play in the dirt.

We have been asked to perform in Nutcracker, on Temple Hill, again this year.  Practice has begun, with a new director.  She is a no-nonsense kind of girl with big ideas about how we should appear on stage.  More grace in movement and heads up at all times for best stage projection.  Hum.  Layne's part has also expanded a bit.  He is the grandpa, if you remember, who has a dance centered around him and a small solo part where he dances and hurts his back.  I can't help giggling to myself when I think how we wandered into this experience.  This man of man who doesn't like performing, or dancing is doing it...again!

And speaking of this man, Layne gave his first Patriarchal Blessing today.  He was one stressed guy, but it worked out just fine.  He did a great job and the young woman he blessed loved it.  So it all worked out.  He is greatly relieved and will be much calmer for the next blessing.  At least I think he will.  We will soon find out as he is scheduled to give another one next Sunday.

No comments: