Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jonathan Henry Galbraith

This past week began as a nice normal week; the first one we've had for awhile.  But by Wednesday night that all changed as we were awakened by a call from our son, Ben.  His Jessica was in labor and they needed me to come and stay with the children while she went to the hospital.  This is baby number 6.  I decided that I best not hesitate.  So I threw a few things together and headed to Palo Alto, arriving sometime after midnight.  They headed out and I fell on top of their bed, clothes and all, and attempted to sleep through what remained of the night.

Five little kids were surprised to find me instead of their parents Thursday morning.  But, following Ben's written instructions, we got through their routine and delivered the school kids on time.  A healthy 9 pound plus baby boy arrived that morning!  Each anticipated child brings prayers for health and strength.  Our prayers were answered yet again with this little boy.  You may imagine the excitement that followed as the children found out about their new little brother.  Ben drove all of us to the hospital Thursday night to visit and see the baby.  It was a wild time as all competed to hold him at once.  But patient parents gave each child their special time, in turn.
Jonathan, one day old

The kids visit mom Jessica.  Jonathan is in
there, somewhere.

Arrived September 22, 2011:  Jonathan Henry Galbraith    

These grandchildren are an energetic bunch but were very good at following their grandmother's instructions.  They were all mine Thursday and Friday.  I cleaned, washed, cooked and organized in an effort to have all ready for our new little boy.  I somehow didn't foresee spending this much time away from home.  I only brought one outfit, which I wore for three days.  I got pretty sick of it!  On Saturday Ben and Jes returned home, with their special bundle.  Later in the day I finally returned home, so happy for the safe arrival of the baby and also happy to be able to return home.  Home.  It seems like such a long time since I've spent much time there.

Today (Sunday) Ben and Jes asked me to come back and help for a couple more days.  This time I'm taking more clothes.

No comments: