Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two Homes


Our month at home swept past and our time to return to Colorado has come. Layne and I flew to Colorado on Friday via a long wait in the Denver Airport. But happily I had plenty to do so I didn't mind much. Layne loves to sit and watch the people go by. I prefer having a project of some sort. Such could be found on my laptop so I spent lots of time there. What a blessing it is to bring so much information along so easily. The Airport provided the internet connection so the world was open to me from my seat in the waiting area. In spite of the wait, we made it to Colorado before dark. My sister Maryanne has been with Mother for the past month. She is a beat little chicken so it is a good thing that we are here to replace her. She wants me to mention that one reason why she is so tired is because she has been here with Mom alone; no hub to help. I'm mentioning that for her sake.

Mom looks good but I fear that she is losing some of her motivation to improve her situation. I think she may be beginning to settle for what she has got. Not that she is happy about it. She struggles to find meaning in her much more confined life. I feel moved to help her with that. I think one of her purposes could be family history. I'm excited to say that her life story is just about complete and ready to be uploaded and printed into book form. I have what I like to call the "DiVinci" condition. As you may know he had trouble finishing some of his work, most notably the Mona Lisa. He worked on it for seven years and never allowed himself to call it done. He died and then it was "done!" I seem to have the same trouble. As I near completion of various projects I almost always figure out a better way to do them and then I have trouble finishing them the way I started them. Do you follow me here? I'm having that trouble calling Mom's book finished. But I will push myself and do it.....soon.

It is lovely here, as usual. It is a strange thing to say, perhaps, but I enjoy being here almost as much as I enjoy being home. With spending so much time here, this place is beginning to feel like my own place, somewhat. I've organized things here to some extent. So much have I made myself at home that I get confused when I'm in my own home as to where things are! Maryanne has the same problem. Is it a senior thing? Or have we just spent way too much time here!

No comments: