Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weather Aventures



I hear that there is a heat wave at home. It seems to me that our part of California is rather bland in the weather department. It is hot, it is cold. Cloudy skies stay that way for awhile and clear skies prevail. But in our part of Colorado each day is a climatic adventure. Daily skies are clear, cloudy, rainy, windy, all in a short period of time. At this changing of the seasons some days are quite warm and some are cool. Our excitement for the week was a hail storm, accompanied by lighting and thunder, and wind. Wow, what a thrill! It all came just as light was leaving the day. The hail fell on Mom's metal roof, giving us quite a symphony. We couldn't ignore such a show. The wind blew hail under the front door right on the rug within the porch. You can see the hail in the picture above of Mom's deck, if you look closely. I loved it! Today was a bit calmer with only lightening, rain and thunder. And sunshine lighting up the rain. What a weather adventure!

I'm back to art lessons and loving it. I'm drawing something new just about every day. Here is a sample of one of my pastel drawings. I have to really watch myself because I can become quite lost in a drawing. It is dangerous!

Mom is getting physically stronger. She's walking more and more each day. But I worry about her spirit; she is struggling to find her path now that her old life has been taken from her. I can't quite wrap myself around how difficult it must be to have my body suddenly compromised and unable to perform. The sudden challenge of it has left her in a quandary. She is strong and resilient so I'm hoping that she will find a new purpose. We're working on that.

We've been in Colorado just over a week and the time, as always, rushes by. That seems to be the case no matter where we are or what we are doing.

No comments: