Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Taiwan Family




There is not control over time. It passes so swiftly in spite of my efforts to hold it down. Our son Gerald and family have been here since Tuesday. They have been in the States for a month already. Not with us most of that time. But we have loved their company for these few days. I'm happy to say that we haven't done much except visit. Gerald is big into patriotism and reads daily from books that promote Constitutional ideals. He talked to me at length about it. I love his interest in that subject as I agree with his ideals and his sense of the importance of trying to keep our freedoms in place. His wife Frances is a great girl, who fed us on her delicious homemade Chinese food. Their two children are beautiful and bright. Gerald spends a great deal of time educating them and loves doing so. Included here is a picture of their daughter, Angelica, who is loving her new pajamas, just bought by her mom. Frances loves shopping and spends lots of time in America doing just that. Also pictured is Gerald with his two children, Angelica and Seth, in Utah (where it is still snowing!) It is a joy to have our family around us.

Mom's formal physical therapy is over. She has gone through visiting therapists and outpatient therapy. Now the rest is up to us. I have lots of ideas for exercising her and hope to fill in so that she continues to make progress. It looks like we will take her home in May instead of April, as Maryanne's turn in Colorado will be delayed while she recovers from knee surgery. Pictured here is mom on our front porch. It is getting to be warm enough to be outside and comfortable. She was watching us work in the yard. I think she looks adorable.

Our Relief Society ladies donated money for me to buy a tree in Carmen's memory for our yard! I feel so blessed to have such sweet attention. On Monday I was able to get THREE trees with the money they donated. I am so excited! I would like to plant a small grove of three in honor of our Carmen and am thinking that it would be such fun to have a tree for each grandchild. Imagine a grove of grandchildren trees! Yep, I can see it in my mind.

No comments: