Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

I don't like being in Idaho for holidays.  Mother's Day fits that as well.  No family is here to celebrate with.  But friends are abundant.  We had dinner with our Fremont group last night and one of them, Lisa Young, invited us to dinner today.  So, in spite of Layne's willingness to fix me dinner, we will share our Mother's Day meal with the Youngs.  Even without family here, I rejoice in the family I have.  My children and grandchildren bring me nothing but pleasure and gratitude.  They are all such good people.  There are many here who have such family heartaches.  But we are not among them.  So, even without family here, I am rejoicing today that I have a family and that they bring me joy, not sorrow.

My Mother's Day Treasures
Our week has been full of singing.  It takes lots of time and energy, so I find that I am getting little else done.  But I believe we are doing a good job of bringing some pleasure to those we sing to.  And the money we make will go to a doctor who fixes cleft palates in developing countries.  And I'm learning not to be afraid to sing in front of people.  Except that our singing teacher wants us to sing in a Sacrament meeting at Church. That scares me.  We are scheduled to sing next month.  Can I pull through without being scared out of my wits?  I keep telling myself that I should face my fears.  I'll let you know how that turns out.




Me on one of our new ATVs.
Dad enjoying an ATV ride in the neighborhood.
Layne and I tried out our ATVs by driving through the neighborhood.  I can see that they are going to be a lot of fun.  Layne is hot to use them and has already ordered helmets and goggles for us.  We will join a group to go ATVing later this month.  Singing and ATVing; who knew that we would be doing these things?  I have Idaho to thank for these grand adventures.

No comments: