Sunday, October 6, 2013

Home At Last

We spent a delicious week at home, just running errands and catching up.  Oh, and taking a few naps along the way.  Since our new Church assignment, I've been thinking quite a bit about it and visualizing what might be needed.  Isn't it interesting what things one sees and thinks about when a direction is given.  My mind has been full of thoughts and impressions.  We have been enjoying watching the Church's General Conference this weekend and so much of what has been said applies to Addiction Recovery.  A channeled mind sees things in such a particular way.  I find it amazing.

This has been a week to celebrate:  My sister turned 68 on the 2nd; grandson Seth turned 11 on the same day.  The anniversary of my baptism came up on the 4th and Layne turned 73 on the 5th (along with his twin Lynn).  We celebrated his birthday with new cell phones.  I talked him into getting a smart phone instead of his "dumb"one.  He loves to tell me that he is perfectly satisfied with the old phone he has had for years now because it does what phones are supposed to do--make calls.  But I think he secretly wished for something more!  So we got him an iphone 5c.  I upgraded to the same.  So we now have the same phones that can talk to each other and share apps and such.  Pretty exciting.  Layne is pretty low key but I have noticed that he is spending lots of time with his new phone!  I think he's gonna love it.

On Saturday, after Conference, we shared dinner with our friends Larry and Pat Green and friends.  It was a birthday celebration for Layne, complete with a German Chocolate cake just for him.  Well, we ate our share too once the candles were blown out.  It was so fun as the guys left for General Priesthood meeting and we girls cleaned up and talked.  Girl talk is a sweet pleasure that comes to me very little now.  One of the girls there, Kenni, challenged me to go on a diet with her and lose 5-10 pounds.  I brushed it off last night.  But I weighed myself this morning and have decided that I'm going to take her challenge.  I must admit that I have gotten a little chubbier than I should be.  I've rationalized that a big effort to lose weight will just bring it all back on once I return to my normal eating habits.  But...maybe not.  I've decided that losing a little weight might be worth the effort.  At least that is how I feel today...

Lisa Young, with the birthday cake she made for Layne.

The candle blowing celebration.
Layne playing with his new iphone.

My 73 year old talking to his brother Lynn, sharing their birthday.
 He also heard from most of the kids; such a joy to him.


No comments: