Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Turn-around

It's not a good idea to get too settled.  I tell this to myself often and even go to lengths to keep myself adjusting to changes by doing crazy things like reorganizing drawers and such.  Just to make my mind think in some small way, and adjust.  Change.  It is built into mortality.

I mention this because I was just getting used to the idea that we will be here for awhile longer when our potential buyers reconsidered their withdrawal.  Layne came up with an idea to include in the purchase package that they liked.  So our home is now in escrow.  This means that we will have to be out of this place next month!  Now I'm trying to readjust my thinking.  Find a home in Boise.  Buy it.  Move in the winter.  Hum.  I'm hoping it'll all work out as it should.

Other than considering a major change in our lives, our week has been rather mundane.  Except for Nutcracker rehearsals and Layne's almost constant comment that he'll never do this again.  Of course he has said that every year for the last three.  This year he will be right.

Our wild rain storm was beating up our flag.  So Allegra and I
decided to rescue it.
 And then there's the rain.  After a summer of no moisture whatsoever, it catches our attention when it rains.  Especially when it pours.  Our week has been full of storms.  I love it.
Allegra and the soggy flag.
Me by the flag pole, in the midst of the storm.  Loved it.
We wandered all around the yard in the rain.  Such fun!
Our Christmas is up.  Here are our Carmen Trees,
full of angels and little pictures of our Angel Carmen.

No comments: