Sunday, December 16, 2012

Star

Amidst the flurry of the Christmas season, we traveled to Boise, to look for a new home.  We met up with our online agent, Peggy, and spent 2 1/2 days looking at houses.  What a joy to find that almost all of them were beautiful and affordable.  We took a checklist of what we wanted.  Layne, you know, is a checklist kind of guy.  He had charts made up for the houses we were scheduled to see.  One of the last ones seemed to fit the bulk of our requirements.  All of our living needs could be met on the main floor.  The second floor held multiple guest spaces, which we could ignore in the absence of them.  Then there was a basement which could offer me an art studio with yet more spaces to be used as we should desire. There was also a big garage and a big yard.  Yes, just about perfect.  By Friday night we were firm in our feeling that this was our house.  So we made a contingent offer.  By Saturday morning it was accepted.  So, just like that, we have a new home.  If our buyers here follow through that is.  I think they will.

Saturday night, after our return from Boise, here is Reed, Ben & son Jonathan,
Reed's wife Dorothy, and Layne.

Ben's daughter Abigail, next to our tree.

Reed's son Timothy with Cherry the cat, outside looking in.

The living room in our new home in Star, Idaho.

The house in Star, from the air.  It is an older picture but you can see
the surrounding grass--the lot is an acre.  Layne will have lots of fun with this.
What a pull on my heart it is to feel drawn to Idaho but really hate the idea of leaving here.  Every time we go to Church or gather with family I feel sad at the notion of leaving.  But leave we must.  I think once we are in Idaho I will be fine.  But for now I can't put aside my sorrow at leaving so many people that I love.  As if to remind me of what I will miss, we returned from our Idaho trip Saturday night to a house full of family.  All the locals were here making gingerbread houses.  Such fun times will change very soon, as their presence reminded me.

Our new home is in a Boise suburb called Star.  If things go as planned we will move there in January.

No comments: