Sunday, November 18, 2012

Almost Sold

"Life is short," my older relatives used to tell me when I was young.  I didn't believe them.  Life seemed to go on forever in those youthful years.  Now that I am a much older woman I can see an end. I will not be here forever.  In fact, I will not be here much longer, relatively speaking.  This thought comes more forcefully to mind as I organize the photos of my children.  Lately I've been working on son Gerald's collection.  As I look upon his picture life, he seems to have grown up so very quickly.  Indeed, from my mature point of view, I can now agree with my older relatives; life does move speedily along.  Gerald now has children of his own and THEY are growing up quickly as well.

Gerald in 1999:  25 years old
This fast-moving mortality makes our potential move to Idaho seem a bit more consequential.  It seems right for us, but it is a big deal for a couple in their later years.  Part of me is excited by a new adventure  (as Layne is) and part of me wants to be safe, comfortable and with familiar people and surroundings.  Am I becoming a "fuddy-duddy"?  Could it be that I am lapsing into the world of the "old'?  Perhaps a new adventure will be good for us after all.


Our view this morning.

Our home, soon to be sold.
All of these ponderings have become a bit more vital in my mind as, it looks like, we have sold our home.  We have a good offer, counter offer and counter again.  I believe we will settle on the final price soon.  If that all moves along as it should, we will move in January!  We will visit Boise soon and pick out a new home.  Wow!  

No comments: