Sunday, July 3, 2011

An Unwinding




Layne and I headed for home with a loaded car on Wednesday morning. It was the first time since Mom's passing that we have been alone for any amount of time. We talked quite a bit. it was nice to have him to myself in an enclosed space where neither of us could escape. Layne has the ability to read me quite well. He senses what I need and does his best to provide it. I'm most grateful for that. We had a lovely time together traveling across the desert toward home.

We arrived home Thursday afternoon, loaded with bags and boxes from the Ranch. Who knew I "needed" so much stuff! Isn't it interesting how a desire for something that never entered your mind before can be awakened upon viewing that something. It is hard not to keep things that Mom treasured, even though they are basically "house clutterers". I'm going to give my kids a chance at these treasures when they come on Monday for Independence Day. In the meantime our home is filled with boxes and stuff.

These past few days I have felt so very tired. It is one of those times when I want to just sit and do nothing. That doesn't happen to me very often but it has hit me big-time now. Perhaps it is just a normal reaction to the high demand of the past months. Or maybe its more than that. While at the Ranch I missed the bottom stair in the wee hours of the morning and fell, hurting one of my little toes. I've been limping a bit since. Then early Saturday morning here I got the mother of all leg cramps. In getting up to stretch it out I fell again. My toe problem has created a bit of imbalance for me, you see. That's my excuse anyhow. That fall hurt the same foot and so I limped around all day Saturday.....again. Maybe that's part of my weariness. Or maybe it is just a mix of all sorts of things. At any rate nothing is put away and I'm surrounded by chaos.

Still can't move the pictures, or see them. But I have faith that the top picture is of Mom's grave. Next, grandchildren Scott and Allegra stand on the grave. Bottom is of me and my girls, Audrey and Jessica.

No comments: