Sunday, June 12, 2011

At Home in Colorado


We brought Mom to Colorado with fear in our hearts that she may not make the trip. My sister Maryanne and her busband Bob decided to drive over so that we all could be here when Mom decided to pass on. It must be the Colorado air. Mom is doing better! At least for now. Bob and Maryanne spent 3 days with us and decided to go back home.

We have been enjoying the Ranch once again and the beauty that surrounds us here. Mom sleeps almost all the time so there is lots of open time for doing exactly what we please. It is quite relaxing. I've had some sweet conversations with Mom. One last Sunday was especially good. We talked of dying and the great adventure that it would be. I could feel such a strong spirit with us as we talked. I believe it was inspired and a blessing to both of us. I have found a spot in her yard that has become a "sacred" spot for me. Each morning I go there to pray and read the scriptures. Being surrounded by nature's beauty is quite inspiring. I believe the Spirit of the Lord is in nature. it is a good place to go to feel that Spirit.

Since Mom is up and down, we've decided to use this time to get ready for her passing. I believe we have things in place so that it will go easily once her time comes to leave. I feel so tender about her. She has left such a loving mark upon her world. I believe that her descendants will be blessed for generations because of her magic touch.

Picture is the entrance to Mom's Ranch in Cedaredge, Colorado.

No comments: