Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Lately I've been pondering the tremendous advantage of good associations. From the very beginning of my life, the people in it have nurtured and cared for me. It began with good, caring parents. But even my extended family members, with all their weaknesses, were good to me and the other children in our family circle. I grew up in a loving place. My adulthood has been blessed also. There has been no one who has caused me any lasting heartache or serious pain. That sweet situation has freed me to think beyond myself. It has made my world a good place and placed in my heart a strong sense of gratitude. Blessings are easy to count.

Here is a Mother's Day four generation picture. Shown is my mother with me, daughter Audrey and granddaughter Allegra. Mom was with us for Mom's Day. It was good to have her home after so long a time in the Convalescent Home. She returned the same day, but, for a little while, we were all together. She is an amazing person, filled with strength and wisdom. It is a joy to care for her in her time of need. She misses her independence a great deal but seems to be able to make the most of a hard situation. She is usually determined to improve and regain her strength, but is sometimes just tired, and a bit discouraged. We are doing our best to keep her spirits up by visiting her each morning and night. So, at this time of honoring mothers, I honor my own and thank the Lord for the noble woman I call Mother.

No comments: