Sunday, April 2, 2017

Looks Like Spring

We have had a nice normal week.  No big events but I still feel busy and unenthused about doing anything.  It seems to be an extended cycle.  I suppose if I pushed myself a little, I'd come out of it.  But, so far, I haven't pushed myself to push myself.  So there.

The drama of nature is picking up outside.  Darkness doesn't come until 8 PM now.  It's so nice to have more light!  The yard is exploding with life.  It is amazing to see what appears to be dead coming back to life.  Sort of like the Lord's resurrection, don't you think?  Walking among the emerging life fills the soul with happiness.  It can't be helped.

Daffodils are the first sign of life and our yard is exploding with them.


The trees are full of blossoms. 


Here are our future apricots!


I've been practicing songs for our singing group and using my small keyboard to find some of the notes.  I can do that now...I'm so proud!  Anyhow, Layne offered to buy me a better keyboard.  We went looking and he bought me an electric piano.  So exciting!  I am having such fun playing it.  Or trying to.  I have a book of piano lessons and am trying to get though it.  But I'm having trouble making my fingers play scales using flat keys and minor chords.  I hope my brain can eventually wrap itself around it.  I'll keep trying.

It looks like the owners of our open spaces are going to begin building.  Oh how some of our neighbors are howling!  With promises that the land in our actual Hillsdale Development will not be developed, but only the land beyond us, I see little to complain about.  It'll be interesting to see how the dust settles on this.

After a weekend of General Conference, we are feeling pretty relaxed and inspired.  Conference weekend is one of the joys of the year.  I came out of it with some new goals in mind.  Now if I can just rally myself to actually do them!



No comments: