Sunday, March 5, 2017

A Gendreau Project

Awhile ago, my daughter Jessica asked if we would come and work on a painting project for her.  Since she is a working girl, she has little time to do much in the way of home improvements but she has an artistic eye and visions in her mind for changes.  I love doing home projects, so we agreed to visit her and family and work on some of her room plans.  Layne and I thus flew to Seattle this past week for that purpose.

We worked for three days, pretty much non-stop, painting the dining room and kitchen, and all the cleaning that goes along with that.  We transformed the red dining room into a warm, golden white.  It made quite a difference in the brightness of the room.  Even though I hated to cover up the red (you know I have a passion for that color!), I have to admit that it looked very nice when we finished.  Seattle has lots of cloudy skies and rainy days, so it makes sense to lighten and brighten inside the house, to make the best use of the duller light that cloudy days provide.

It was fun to spend time with our Gendreau family.  They are all good to be around.  The kids are doing well in school and spend their time doing school work and home projects.  We visited a lot and even spent a little time in their hot tub one night.  I remember, once again, how fun that is.  Being in a warm tub on a cool night, sharing that warm, wet space, brings out sweet conversation and relaxes every part of the body.  When we finished tubbing, I fell asleep in minutes, warm and relaxed.  I'd love to have a hot tub of our own.  But that is unlikely, it seems.  I'm having difficulty talking Layne into my greater priority of a gazebo, or a pergola.  I'd settle for either one.  But, so far, he will not be moved.  But I have hopes of wearing him down.

I'm sad to say that we were so busy with our painting that I totally forgot to take any pictures!  That is unlike me as I always like to have a visual record of our adventures.  So instead, I'm inserting the kids' school pictures.  It will have to do for a Gendreau visual.

Gemma is now 17 and driving.  She is an exceptional artist and is generally made of amazing creativity.  Her imagination seems to be unending.


Miles is 15 and has a passion for science.  He belongs to a science club, loves to learn how things work and is very inventive.  


Peyton is an energetic, social girl, very observant of people and interested in them.  She is on a winning soccer team and is a very good student.


We returned home yesterday.  I realize my age most when physical demands are high for a few days.  We are tired.  But naps and time will cure that.  I love spending time with family.  I still miss being physically close to them.  But we aim to make the best of our time with family when we get it.  I'm thankful for that!



No comments: