Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Conlons

My mother had a knack for making friends.  As she grew older many friends her age began to die.  So Mother chose new, younger ones.  One of those was a redhead named Elaine Conlon, and her husband Cliff.  We got acquainted with Elaine and Cliff through Mother and have stayed friends.  Cliff's daughter, Lori, lives right here in the Boise area so I've been bugging them to visit us when they come to visit Lori.  This past week, they did.

Here's Cliff with his daughter, Lori.

Cliff and Elaine, "the little Redhead".


After last weeks grand adventures with friend Bill and Trudy Ostler, I was happy that this week's visit was a bit more relaxed.  We mostly hung out at home, just visiting.  It was a lovely time.  Lori spent one day with us and we treated her and the Conlon's to our favorite Huckleberry ice cream.  Lori and I bonded over a discussion of the arts.  i shared my theory about the 5 categories of the arts and the value of being creative with them.  It resonated with her and we had a lovely discussion.  It is so pleasant to ride down a similar mental road with someone.

Cliff and Elaine came on Wednesday and left on Saturday morning.  I have decided that I love having company.  It is a good thing since we have had a lot of it this summer.  Even though I enjoy spending time alone more than any other time in my life, having people in my space continues to bring me great pleasure.


No comments: