Sunday, September 25, 2016

Our Gendreau Family

Seattle never ceases to provide rainy skies.  But the positive part of that are the growing things that fill every empty spot.  Green things grow everywhere.  Instead of working to get things to grow, like we do in Idaho, the yard job is to control the growth.  So things there are lovely.  Here's a picture of our drive just outside Seattle.  Rain and beautiful scenery.

We drove to Normandy Park, near Seattle, on Tuesday to visit our Gendreau kids and help Chris, our son-in-law, take care of the kids while Jessica went on a short trip with some girl friends.  It was sweet to spend time there with the family.  Layne did the usual pick up and delivery while I took care of the home stuff.  In anyone's home there is always lots to do, I have noticed.  We tried to leave things a little better than we found them.  I love Jessica's decorating style.  Her home is filled with art of all sorts, especially the kids' art.  I'm not quite sure how she creates the decorative touch I so like but it is "artsy" somehow.  I like the colors she uses also.  I guess she and I share a lot of the same tastes, but she uses them more effectively in her home.

Gemma has become quite a good artist. She is taking some classes at school and experimenting with different combinations of mediums.  Here is a sample of her work.  She's quite fond of dragons.  I like them too!


My Gendreau grandchildren are pure-hearted, intelligent and love learning and school.  I like spending time with them and so admire their motivation.  They are actively engaged in school and sports.  I think they are so pure-hearted because they don't spend much time with media.  They read, play family games and study.  There is very little TV going on in their home.  All they need is a bit more spirituality.  I love that family!

Here's Gemma, then Miles, last is Peyton.








No comments: