Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Years

We closed out our 2015 with family.  How could it be better than that?  Audrey, Cliff, Isaiah, Chase and Morgan spent the first part of the week with us.  We took them to see the Caldwell Christmas lights...again.  They are so lovely!  So that is our third visit and it was just as nice.  Except that it was very cold.  Still, some of us managed a walk around the light infused river banks in spite of that.  It is fun to spend time with our kids.  By Tuesday, though, they were all gone.

Here's Chase and Isaiah standing in front of one of the trees in Caldwell.


Games dominate with the younger set.  The older ones read and work on their various devices.  Here are Morgan, Isaiah and Chase hard at a rather lengthy game.
I'm determined to get organized this month.  I have a vision of how I should do it and what goals I should set.  But so far I have busied myself with all sorts of other things.  Perhaps I have just a tinsy problem with procrastination.  It isn't that I don't want to do it, its just that, somehow, things come up to interfere.  Gotta get going though.

I've got three trips planned over the next couple of months.  Layne is a bit disgusted with this as he wants to just stay home.  I also feel the call of home with all its comforts and things and time set up to suit us.  But family calls and I feel that I must answer that call.  I want to spend time with my sister, and our kids when the chance comes up to do it.  This move to Idaho means that all these precious people are far away.  That means that, if we want to spend time together, we've got to make some effort at making that happen.  I keep telling that to Layne.  I"m working on wearing him down. He loves visitors but not being a visitor.  Such a man!

We invited two couples over for New Year's Eve.  We had a yummy dinner, played games and talked until after midnight!  I was pretty proud that we older folks were able to tolerate such late night fun.  And, now that the fun is over, I'm going to get organized.  No more procrastination for me.  Nope.

It is Sunday night and guess where we are not?  Our Addiction meetings are over.  For us.  It feels strange to be sitting here instead of sitting with my lovely ladies in our weekly support group.  Although I'm loving time at home, I miss my ladies.  But change is always hard.  But I'm sure I'll get used to it!

Christmas night brought us a full, beautiful moon.  Here is what it looked like the day after Christmas, in Idaho.  It was big, bright, and pretty magical.

No comments: