Sunday, August 5, 2012

House

Our house has been on the market for several months now.  It has been weeks since anyone has come to look at it.  Knowing that it would take awhile to sell a two family house on six acres, we have settled into a normal routine, as if we were going to stay here forever.  But this past week, shock of all shocks, not just one party but THREE different parties have come to look at the house!  Things do indeed come in bunches.  Two of the three really like the place, I think.  Both were women who said they wanted to bring their husbands to see it.

Now I am imagining leaving here again.  For all of my efforts at the collecting of things that I don't like about being here, what has come to the forefront of my thoughts is all the things I DO like about being here.  Without my permission those thoughts are trampling through my mind and I can't seem to rid myself of them.  I like it here.  Leaving is a leap into the dark.  Where will we go?  What kind of a home will we settle on?  Where will it be?  All week, as I move through our home, I imagine packing it all up.  Again.  Leaving here will come.  I must brace myself for it.

In the meantime, there have been updates to the house that have needed to be done for several summers.  This past week I took on two of them.  Donning my very messy painting duds, I took on the deck off of the master bedroom and re-stained it.  What a job.  The stain is very runny and very permanent.  But I got the job done and it looks great.

Then I moved on to the front door.  It is supposed to be red but the seasons have faded and peeled it until it has looked very sad indeed.  I painted it yesterday.  Wow, what a difference.  It is red and shiny and altogether beautiful.  If you like red.  Which I do.

Layne on our newly stained deck.

Me with our bright, shiny and very red front door.
Just so you know, my new computer and all of the additional equipment I ordered came this past week.  I have it all set up.  I am overwhelmed with the newness of it all and the possibilities it gives me.  I'm beyond excited.  

No comments: