Sunday, May 23, 2010

For awhile now we have been anticipating our trip to Colorado, to bring Mom home for the summer. We left for the journey in Mom's car on Thursday and arrived here Friday. Allegra (Audrey's daughter) came with us. She is easy to have around and one of my favorite people. Our drive was pleasant and comfortable. Isn't is wonderful to have a way to travel that moves through space at a pace of our choosing and even offers food and other distractions along the way. All along our trail to Colorado there were gas stations, restaurants and sleeping facilities. No searching was required. I mention this obvious state of things because I found myself comparing our oh so comfortable lives with those of our pioneer forefathers. I never want to take our benefits for granted!

Here you see Mom with a cute smile; anticipating going home perhaps?

Mom did well with the travel. I believe she is excited to be home. As excited as she gets these days. She, as always, is pleasant about everything. Her little house embraced us as we walked in. It was clean and comfortable; like we have been only gone for days instead of months. Our Colorado friends the Palmers have looked out for Mom's place and have done a great job. It is beautiful here, as always. I find Colorado an embracing place.

But for some reason I am once again experiencing my "stress rash". It appears all over my body as I scratch the itch that calls to me, everywhere on me! I have not slept since coming either. This is very unusual for me, usually a master at sleeping under just about any circumstance. Could I be stressed about something? I don't consciously feel worried but I must be. Why must I be such a mystery to myself? What is going on inside of me, really?

Here is Allegra's smile in Mom's dining room. Layne is fresh here from a Sabbath nap. Mom's pasture is in the background.

No comments: