Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Thread of Life


I have not visited Carmen for two days now. I have a terrible cold--I always seem to catch the worse version of things! Dorothy says that Carmen is barely holding onto life now. But holding she is. She doesn't want to leave! Dorothy described her rambling conversation to unknowns with the following narrative: "No. Not today. Maybe tomorrow." And other words to that effect. Could she be putting off the call of heaven? It sounds like it to me. Reed and Dorothy have done their best to make her feel comfortable about leaving but she is firm in not wanting to. These days are full of anxious watching and waiting. Included here is a picture of Carmen as an angel at Christmas time. Here's hoping she can make her journey to heaven soon, with peace in her heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over the last few months I have grown to know little Carmen. She is, indeed, an angel. Some day I hope to be able to meet her when her grandmother is able to introduce me to her. Anadeane and I have been long time friends. What an adventure to live life and to walk where we can keep in touch as true friends. Sweet dreams, dear Carmen.