Sunday, February 11, 2018

Planning

It has been pretty quiet around here since I returned home.  The kids are used to me "cracking the whip" with them again.  I have been so worried about "parenting" them right but I'm beginning to relax.  It is an imperfect world after all and that applies to me and that's OK.  Isn't it?  The kids are good and happy to be involved in our world.  They like family time and seem to be pretty uninterested in doing much in the way of activities with friends outside of school.  I'm thinking that will change with a little more time. 

I believe I mentioned that Layne bought me a new stove top for my birthday.  It is installed, and I love it!  He did several other sweet things for me while I was in California.  When I am gone, he seems to get inspired about doing unexpected things that he thinks I will like.  And I do! 

Layne has introduced the idea of getting our house painted this summer.  So my mind is alive with ideas for colors.  I've scoured the neighborhood, looking for inspiration.  I've made copies of the house to color in a variety of ways for us to look at and, hopefully, decide.  I keep thinking about it.  Such possibilities!  Here's a picture of the house as it is now. 


So the coming months will bring three family weddings, and a house to paint. And no doubt a few more things that will come up along the way.  I'm feeling good, so bring it on! 

No comments: