Saturday, December 23, 2017

Almost Christmas


MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Angelica and Seth as Mary and Joseph, created several years ago.

The kids' Christmas concerts are over.  Our singing performances are over.  The gifts are wrapped.  I think we are ready for the Big Day.  Except that Layne caught some kind of a bug and has shared it with all of us.  So we four are sitting around in a daze.  I'm so glad we are ready for Christmas because all I want to do is sit and stare.  Actually that isn't much fun either but it beats moving.  I think we are all on the mend.  It has been a long time since I've been sick with anything.  I'm feeling a little bummed about this.



We had our first snow of the season last night.  It is beautiful outside, with white everywhere, being reflected by a bright sun.  More snow is due tomorrow.  Maybe we will have a winter after all.  I'm kind of excited about having a white Christmas.  Or I would be if I didn't feel crummy.  I like the idea of it.



The kids have finally admitted that they are excited about Christmas.  Angelica has picked out the gift she wants to open on Christmas Eve.  I miss our California family at this time of year, but I think we will have some fun with Seth and Angelica.  So, to all of you we wish a very, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: