Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Kids Are Here

Our quiet days are over!  Gerald and the kids have been here for several weeks now and it has changed our lives.  We are into school again, and all sorts of other kid stuff.  All previous routines have been modified and spaces are no longer open.  Already we have adjusted pretty well to having Seth and Angelica with us.  They seem to be adjusting nicely to American life and settling into its less structured and demanding routine pretty quickly.  Gerald has done a great job of organizing things to accommodate their lives here.  I so admire him and all the planning he does for his children.  He invests in them with all his heart.  I know he will sorely miss them once he returns home this coming week.  I'm used to him being with us.  So I hate to see him leave.  I so admire this son of mine.  He has the purest of hearts and gives himself to wife and children unselfishly.  Here's hoping that the kid's life here will bring him and Frances here also.  I'm always hesitant to make my hearts desire too openly apparent.  I suppose I don't want to be disappointed, or manipulate people into doing what is not in their best interest.  But I dare to say that I hope they come.

Last week Allegra came with Audrey.  After a sweet weekend with them, Allegra stayed and Audrey returned home.  It has been so fun to have Allegra with us.  She adds a certain sparkle and the kids love her.  Well, so do I.  She will be here until January.  Here she is with Angelica.


We have had fun blending cooking preferences of Angelica, Allegra and me.  It is such fun to be surrounded by family!  There is such an interaction of personalities now.  I've forgotten what that was like but here it is again.  And I like it.  I hope the kids will settle in with us and not miss their folks too much.  They are excited about the coming holidays and thus, so am I.  There is none of our American holiday celebrations in Taiwan, so it will all be new to them.  That makes it fun to anticipate.  Add to that the upcoming Temple dedication and the activities surrounding that, and the next few months appear to be quite a fun thing to look forward to.  Here are Angelica, Allegra, Gerald and Seth at the family table. 

So, adventures await.  I'm hope I'm up to it.

No comments: