Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Layne spoke about women today at Church.  He did a great job of celebrating women, not just mothers.  I am thankful to have had a wonderful mother.  She was lovely, inside and out, and modeled womanliness in a very positive way.  Of late I am grateful for her example of how to be old.  She celebrated her life, all of her life.

I'm also extremely grateful that I was blessed to be a mother to five children.  They represent my legacy to the world and, I'm happy to say, that they all have made a positive mark upon the world, each in their own way.  While blessings come in many forms, this blessing of children, to me, represents the greatest of all.  Except, perhaps, for a good, smart, active, faithful, singing husband.
Sometimes he even dances.  With me.

Mother's Day flowers.


No comments: