Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Home

Two weeks seemed like a long time to be in Draper, Utah and away from home.  But it passed quickly.  I suppose that is because I enjoyed it.  I even got in a bit of shopping and found some great bargains.  Getting something new is fun in and of itself, but if there is a bargain to be had in acquiring it, a special pleasure emerges.  That special pleasure accompanied me as I found the wallet purse I've been looking for, on sale.  So I bought a few of them.  For the future you know.  And that led me to another place where I found some very expensive shoes for a mere $17.  How can I pass that up?  There were other purchases too and I loved every one of them.  I'm so grateful for the blessing of being able to buy things that are not necessary but desirable.

                                             Maryanne and me, at her house in Draper.


My time with Bob and Maryanne was sweet.  We even fit in a connection with their children, as one of the grandchildren, Tyler, was ordained a Priest by his father, my nephew, Brent.  It is such a blessing to see our extended family doing well and keeping the faith.  I often feel grateful that those we are closest to are such noble souls.

                                  Our red car in the Berrett driveway, covered in snow!



On Monday morning, with snow covering the car, Noni (my traveling friend) and I started for home.  It was  lovely, rainless day, inserted between rainy and snowy ones.  The drive was perfect.  One tank of gas and 6 hours found us turning into our familiar neighborhood.  I was so happy to be home and to see Layne again.  While I was gone he has some issues with dizziness and light-headedness.  He's decided that he probably has a tendency toward diabetes.  So he read up on it and has changed his eating habits to see if it made a difference.  So he is snacking now 5 times a day and told me that he only wants to eat whole grains, more fruits and vegies and less desserts.  Wow. For my sugar-loving man these are big changes!  He even made a doctor's appointment to see if his conclusions are correct.  You may think this is not a big deal, but Layne really avoids seeing doctors.  So I was extra happy to hear that he took this most amazing step.  I'm anxious to know the cause of these new symptoms.

It is a rainy day; a good time to sit in front of the fire and cozy up.  Through the drizzle I can see the new fruit trees Layne has planted in the back yard.  The grass is almost all green now.  In spite of the dampness, spring is definitely on its way.


                                               A happy welcome home from Layne.



No comments: