Sunday, February 16, 2014

Big Plans Gone Awry

I always have big plans, you know.  I have lists of things that seem to be oh, so important.  So I am on the go just about all of the time trying to get those items checked off.  I suppose I learned this high pressure life style from the one I know best.  Can you guess who that might be?  That guy I love and live with functions from lists.  I used to hate it.  Now I seem to have the same disease.  I simply MUST be productive in some way.  In my mind I know that I go way overboard with this.

But this week was different.  Beginning last Sunday night I didn't want to do a thing.  That feeling carried me through the whole of last week.  Actually, I didn't choose to feel that way.  I got some sort of bug that slowed me way, way down.  I found myself laying around the whole of the week, missing yoga, singing, temple, shopping, etc.  I missed it and I didn't care.  I didn't even look at my list of "to dos".  Instead I spent my days laying on the couch in front of the fire, sleeping, reading and thinking.  It seemed a sort of gift in a way.  Layne puttered around me, sympathizing, and cooking dinner all week long.  Valentine's Day was spent on the couch and the romantic dinner we planned to have turned out to be leftovers in front of the TV watching one of my favorite romantic movies, "Enchanted April."
But Layne did give me flowers and a lovely card.  And I did manage to give him a love note in his temple bag.  So it was sorta romantic.  For a sick girl.

                My Valentine Flowers, and another small one on the right from friend Phyllis.


I'm much better today.  So I suppose all that leisure is over, for now.  Or maybe I should slip some in now and then, just for fun.

No comments: