Sunday, April 21, 2013

Full House

There are times when being alone, with the blessing of spending time just the way I want, is so fun.  Other times, having my days full of the people I love, is also so fun.  Gerald and family have been here for a little over a week.  Audrey and her four kids joined them for a week or so too.  So all of them were settled upstairs for a few days.  Even Chase, our college grandson, was here and brought his girlfriend, Morgan.  Wow.  Every bed was filled.  I loved it.  We shopped and visited a few local places.  We made pie.  Lots of pie.  But mostly we just hung out.  It was a sweet, familiar feeling of being surrounded by family.  I love just having them near.  Isn't it interesting how natural it is to love the people you are related to.

Gerald, Fran, Seth and Angelica on a snowy morning.
Granddaughter Allegra
Adams-Hart family:  Isaiah, Audrey, Chase, Rayne, Allegra
Chase and his girlfriend, Morgan.
By Saturday morning everyone was gone.  It would have felt quite empty except that our singing group had its first performance Saturday afternoon.  We all met up at a hotel in downtown Boise for our gig.  I was dressed in black with sequined vest, matched by the rest of the girls.  Layne sung his solo, and we belted out 4 of our numbers to a full room of people.  There was a lively spirit and, I think, a great response to our efforts.  What fun!  I had forgotten how energizing it is to perform.

We attended our stake conference this weekend.  I've not been to a better meeting for a very long time.  Our stake leaders gave a truly inspired presentation.  I felt such a desire to improve my spiritual life.  Often when I hear advice for parents I feel badly that I didn't do more of the recommended things for forging a strong family.  This time I felt some of that, but I also felt inspired to change some of my personal habits.  Since I've been feeling a little off the spiritual mark lately, some changes are in order.  I'm going to pray more often, have more regular sharing time with Layne, try to ponder things more, and attempt to feel more of the Spirit.  It is good to be among people who take their spiritual lives very seriously.  I find it inspiring.

Friends Jody and Jerry Jensen stopped in for a visit today.  Our afternoon was full of catching up gab and the fun of being with good people.  So, for the last couple of weeks our days have been more than full.  It has made the time rush by, but fills the minutes of our lives with sweet memories.  I'm so grateful that, in spite of the troubles of our deteriorating society, there are things to celebrate.

No comments: