Sunday, January 13, 2013

Packing Up

I can't think of anything but packing.  There are boxes everywhere and more stuff than I thought we had.  I don't like all this chaos.  I'm an organized kind of girl.  We have just over a week left to get our life contained in boxes.  We are hardly sleeping for the task.  We are on the brink of a whole new adventure, home and location.  I can't take it all in.  Oh yes, and we will begin this adventure with Audrey's cats.  Her new landlord doesn't allow pets.  So we get them.

It is the people here that I hate to leave.  Everywhere we go friends bid us goodbye and express sadness at our leaving.  It tugs at my heart.  Imagine what sweet connections we have collected over the past 40 years.  There are people all over this place that we love.  Still, I feel good about Idaho.  I think it'll turn out well for us and for our family.  Audrey and Cliff seem to be excited now about their move.  I believe it will turn out well for them also.



Boxes everywhere as we pack up all that we own for our move to Boise.
Our friend Brad Hutchings visited us a couple of nights ago.  He told me that moving to Idaho may be very good for me as it will give me time to pursue my own interests and, perhaps, find capacities that I haven't yet discovered.  I thought it was a sweet thought; a thought that I want to keep fresh in my mind.  Audrey mentioned that Layne seems lighter in spirit; more relaxed and good humored.  I hadn't noticed that, but think he is greatly relieved at the prospect of being relieved of the huge financial burden of our current place.  It is good to focus on these blessings.

We had our last family get-together before our move today.  It was at Ben and Jessica's.  It seemed strange not to have it here, as we always have.  But it was a sweet time.  We celebrated our family January birthdays.  Ben and Jes gave me an ipad!  I was shocked and so excited!  Ben is so good to me; he keeps me equipped with the latest apple technology.  I feel so blessed!

And now, back to packing.

No comments: