Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Bonding Week

I've noticed that I like alone time much more now than I've ever liked it before.  Is it an older girl thing?  There seems to be so much more to ponder these days, and projects to work on.  All of that brings me much more pleasure than it used to.  But this past week was full of old pleasures.  Our friends, Bill and Trudy Ostler, came to visit for three days.  We had so much fun!  Trudy and I can talk endlessly.  There are not many times when such bonding opportunities present themselves to me.  So I immersed myself in this one.  In doing so, I forgot about most everything else, for those few days.  We talked, shopped, walked and...we played dominos.  Bill, as it turns out, developed quite a passion for it.  So we had numerous dominos marathons.  It's a great game, requiring just enough strategy to take a little thought, but enough mental ease to present plenty of opportunity for conversation.  Quite a good socializing game, in my opinion.
Layne, me, Trudy and Bill Ostler

Just for interest's sake, I'm including a peculiar development in our residential windows.  We have dual pane, "e" windows.  Very nice.  Except that, with the spring/summer sun now shining directly into our west windows, Layne noticed that there is quite a collection of finger prints on them.  Upon trying to clean them off he discovered that they are in between the dual planes!  This is the beginning of our fifth year there, and there they are, noticed for the first time.  Isn't that strange?  Strange and...annoying.

Can you spot the fingerprints?  They are in between the window panes!

On this sabbath day, our Ostler friends are gone.  They are off for Lake Tahoe.  We plan to join them later this week.  How can I possibly manage so much socializing!  I'm looking forward to the challenge.






No comments: