Monday, August 29, 2011

Family Happenings

My three boys:  Reed, Gerald and Benjamin
Slowly but surely we change with time.  Layne got used to seeing doctors when he was flying.  The company required two exams each year.  But since retirement his health sentiment has become, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  So you may understand how difficult it was for me to arrange for him to see a skin doctor.  He had some spots on his face that were not healing.  I wanted them checked. He didn't.  So I made an appointment for him and just informed him that he was going!  He consented.  But I went with him to make sure the doc checked all the spots I had in mind.  He returned from that experience with burn spots all over his face.  You may imagine how impressed he was with that.  "I'll never go back there," he told me.  I was afraid that he would be quite a sight, covered with red burns, for the duration of the week.  But from the start his magical skin made little of it.  He looked good from the first day.



Frances and Gerald
Elaine's dog, Lili, sitting between my legs.
Elaine says she likes me!
Gerald and his family spent a day with us on their way back home. Gerald is such a good talker. I love that about him. The family locals came over and spent time with us and Ger and family on their last night is the USA. So our house was filled with family and fun once again. We are so lucky to have most of the family close by. Ger and Fran let on Thursday morning. We had a lovely dinner with our neighbors on Thursday night and then I headed to Colorado, where I'm staying with my friend, Elaine Conlon. We are in the thick of girl stuff and watch "chick flicks" each night. I've decided that being away from Layne once in awhile is
a good thing. I realize how much I love him and how valuable he is to me in a dramatic way when I'm away from him. How can that be bad?

No comments: