Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Thing about Goals


When I was a little girl I often planned what I thought would be perfect days. Sadly, most of those plans remained unfulfilled. It seems to me that many ideas and dreams are like that. At least it is so for me. I have a list of things I want to accomplish. I start most of them but finish few of them. But I must announce that I have finished my mother's autobiography! It gives me such joy to say that I have finished something I have dreamed of doing for so long. Her book sits beside me at this moment as a tribute to one goal met.

I've accomplished another small goal as well. I've decided that I will hang my own art upon the few places our home walls offer. I finished one of the drawings I want to hang. It is of sunflowers. After making 4 drawings of sunflowers I believe I'm finished with them. I also want to try my hand at creating a nativity picture with my grandchildren as the models in the picture. I took some pictures of them with candlelight reflected on their faces. We'll see if I can come up with what is in my mind to do.

Our friend Elaine is back home in Colorado. She has generously offered to send me the items of Mom's that I forgot to pack. It seems that there is always a rescue for my mishaps. I'm grateful for that. Mom is recovered from our trip here, I believe. She has been alert and perky for the past few days. There are things I'd like to do for her to make her life better but the days pass and I don't do them. So I sat down with her and we made a plan for exercising every part of her, from body to mind. With a list in hand I am hoping that I can grab hold of the time we have together and make it work for us. Time. It seems to be a gift or a curse. I aim to learn how to use it to make more of my goals become reality. Here's to making time a gift.

Bottom picture is of grandsons Timothy, William and Vincent posing for me by candlelight.

No comments: