Sunday, June 14, 2009

Catching Up




Sometimes things happen so quickly that one must pause for awhile to catch up. A week ago our daughter Jessica (to be distinguished from our daughter-in-law Jessica) came for the weekend, bringing her daughter Gemma with her. I would love to say that she missed me so much that she simply had to come. But, actually, she came to attend the wedding of a dear friend. But I rather think she wanted to see us too! It is always wonderful to have family with me once again. To add to that pleasure, there was a full moon that weekend. I have a thing about full moons. They must be basked in. So we took pictures outside under the moon and I kissed Layne under the moon as well. That is a tradition with me; I must kiss him at each full moon. Oh, and I kiss him other times as well! In the picture here, Gemma is standing on our front porch with the moon behind her. Lovely, isn't it?

Daughter-in-law Jessica and kids came to visit daughter Jessica during that weekend. After their chat, we took a 4 generation picture of Jessica (mine), Gemma, me and Mom. Also included is a picture of Jacqueline and Lexie with Mom. It was fun to be all together for a short time.

I almost forgot to mention that I brought Mom home from the nursing home on Friday of last week, just before Jessica came! She and I agree that the workers at that place are universally fine. They took very good care of her and did their best to offer her the therapy she needed. But she has returned home in much weaker shape. Of course, she broke her hip and that explains that. She is now afraid to use that side. But we are working on that. I exercised her right up until this past Friday, when we brought her home to Colorado. But that is a different story, which I will tell in the very next post.

No comments: