Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 22, 2008

It has been unseasonably hot in our little valley. Being outside after 10:00 or so in the morning makes me feel like a grease spot on the sizzling land. But Layne loves it and spends his days working and sweating in the outside oven. It is cooler today but we awoke early to the smell of smoke. Somewhere, to the south of us we think, there is a fire.

It is early, but outside the birds are doing their morning routine, chattering and flying between our various hills of yard enhancements. It is sunny, creating early morning shadows on the hillside. This is my favorite time of day. Morning has a freshness and holds before me so many possibilities. I love being outside now. I have chosen a meditation and prayer spot, where I spend a half hour or so most mornings, enjoying the views, thinking and praying.

Yesterday was a special day for our granddaughter Carmen. Their community held a blood drive for her. I sent the local paper pictures of her, as requested, so that they could write an article about her, encouraging members of the community to participate in the blood drive. I didn't go, as I can no longer donate blood. But Layne and Audrey went. They said there was a crowd there. How wonderful!

No comments: